Prep time <30 mins
Cooking time 10 - 30 mins
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chili powder
5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
1kg potatoes, peeled, and cut into smallish cubes
350ml vegetable stock
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat a wok until hot and add the oil.
- Add all the spices and the ginger and stir-fry for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the spices.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coriander.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.